In this post, I'll show you some things you need to start making electronics. First and foremost, you need a work bench. You can use any table or bench you want, just make sure that it does not get scratched!
Here's a list of the essential things you might want to start building circuits:
1. A multimeter.
2. Some different types of screwdrivers.
3. Soldering iron and solder.
4. (optional) Hot glue gun.
5. (optional, but really handy) An oscilloscope, any type.
6. Batteries or AC transformer or power supply.
7. Basic Parts: LEDs, resistors, capacitors, transistors, ICs, speakers, motors, and other stuff that you might want.
8. A breadboard (no, not the one that you cut bread on, but the plastic block with holes in it that you can get from Radio Shack, or other stores).
10. Perforated board (or, as it's sometimes called, proto board).
11. A computer.
That's some different things you might want to use for building electronics. If you want more information, check out the book Make: Electronics.