26 June 2012
Last night I went to Heatsync. I made an LED matrix display, and got to see a giant LED matrix that somebody was taking apart. It was 90 by 8, I think. It was bicolor, so it had 1,440 LEDs in it! I also upgraded the display I was making so that it only needed six pins, instead of 16. To get the decreased number of pins I used shift registers (the 74HC595). Heatsync got the Ultimaker finished and it looks awesome! Before I went to Heatsync, Dad and I went to Home Depot and found plastic nuts and bolts for Hydrobot 1.0 (the upgraded Hydrobot, coming soon). I have to use those instead of metal ones because the wheel is way too heavy.